Tuesday 21 January 2014

(Review) Enders (Starters, #2) - Lissa Price

Title: Enders
Author: Lissa Price
Format: Paperback
ISBN: 9780385742498
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Date Published: January 7th 2014

Summary (from Goodreads)

With the Prime Destinations body bank destroyed, Callie no longer has to rent herself out to creepy Enders. But Enders can still get inside her mind and make her do things she doesn't want to do. Like hurt someone she loves. Having the chip removed could save Callie's life - but it could also silence the voice in her head that might belong to her father. Callie has flashes of her ex-renter Helena's memories, too ...and the Old Man is back, filling her with fear. Who is real and who is masquerading in a teen body? This is the thrilling sequel to "Starters".

Review:

ASDFLGHKSAKJ I am so glad I bought Starters and Enders together so I wouldn't have to sit and wait in anticipation until I can grab my hands on it. This book was so exciting the lack of proper lighting didn't even stop me from reading! Lissa Price is a genius and Starters has to be one of my favourite dystopia book in recent history.

The second book, Enders, starts a couple of weeks after the end of Starters and that's when things start to get more messy. The chip in Callie's neck somehow allows some bad guy to infiltrate her own body. It's a little creepy, and many parts of the book made me want to throw it to the opposite side of the room in frustration but it was just so good and so suspenseful to put down. I think the most frustrating part was the ones where the people who you root for are being pushed to the edge and there's nothing you can do but watch the bad guys be at the top. Lissa Price has a knack for writing in a way that would push you to the edge of your seat and take you on a rollercoaster ride. I can't wait to read what's next in this series!

Rating: ♚♚♚♚♚

No comments:

Post a Comment