Wednesday 22 January 2014

Top Ten Tuesday (1)

Top Ten Tuesday is a book blog meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Please click here to read more about it and join in :)

Today's topic is "Top Ten Things On My Reading Wishlist (if you could make authors write about these things you would. Could be a specific type of character, an issue tackled, a time period, a certain plot, etc.)"


  1. Utopian fantasy, not that i hate dystopia but I feel like the possibility of a utopian future isn't explored enough in YA. Maybe it's just because it's not as exciting to write, haha.
  2. Villain main-character. That'd be exciting. I want to read YA that focuses on the villain being the focus. 
  3. Retellings of more obscure fairytales. Alice in Wonderland, Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast have all been done and redone so many times. 
  4. Horror YA? I could be in to that. Perhaps one that doesn't include much romance.
  5. Male main character. I know, I'm glad there are so many female main characters in YA but I feel like the spotlight is always on the girls. 
  6. Something set in a time period in Asia. Perhaps in ancient Japan or China.
  7. When humans live under water. Not like mermaids, but more like being forced to live in a man-made underwater community because of some infestation in the land surface. 
  8. ...and that turns out to be a conspiracy and the land is actually fine. 
  9. Something like Suckerpunch. I enjoyed the movie but it felt more like all cinematography and no actual plot. I wish they made something more out of it.
  10. A group of young teens fighting to save what's left of the earth by taking care of the last plant on earth. I'm not a hippie i swear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment