Top Ten Tuesday is a book blog meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Please click here to read more about it and join in :)
Today's topic is "Top Ten Things On My Reading Wishlist (if you could make authors write about these things you would. Could be a specific type of character, an issue tackled, a time period, a certain plot, etc.)"
- Utopian fantasy, not that i hate dystopia but I feel like the possibility of a utopian future isn't explored enough in YA. Maybe it's just because it's not as exciting to write, haha.
- Villain main-character. That'd be exciting. I want to read YA that focuses on the villain being the focus.
- Retellings of more obscure fairytales. Alice in Wonderland, Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast have all been done and redone so many times.
- Horror YA? I could be in to that. Perhaps one that doesn't include much romance.
- Male main character. I know, I'm glad there are so many female main characters in YA but I feel like the spotlight is always on the girls.
- Something set in a time period in Asia. Perhaps in ancient Japan or China.
- When humans live under water. Not like mermaids, but more like being forced to live in a man-made underwater community because of some infestation in the land surface.
- ...and that turns out to be a conspiracy and the land is actually fine.
- Something like Suckerpunch. I enjoyed the movie but it felt more like all cinematography and no actual plot. I wish they made something more out of it.
- A group of young teens fighting to save what's left of the earth by taking care of the last plant on earth. I'm not a hippie i swear.