It's very difficult to pick a "book" to live in or glad not to live in considering many or most YA books feature some sort of damaged setting. If it's only the general environment, I'd have to pick these:
Books I Wish I Lived In
1. Anna and the French Kiss - a love story in Paris
2. The Princess Diaries - Manhattan, New York.
3. Daughter of Smoke & Bone - Prague, Marrakech, Eretz. Fairytale-like places.
Books I'm Glad I Don't Live In
4. Starters - bodies for rent, anyone?
5. Delirium - love is a disease? as a romantic, living here would be a death sentence.
6. The Mortal Instruments series - Steampunk, fast-paced Manhattan just isn't for me.