Tuesday 11 February 2014

Top Ten Tuesday (Feb. 11)

Top Ten Tuesday is a book blog meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Please click here to read more about it and join in :)

February 11: Top Ten Books That Will Make You Swoon

Oh dear, this could be troublesome! I don't read a lot of romance but I'll try!

1.  P.S. I Love You - Cecelia Ahern : This made me tear up despite not being too sappy or angsty, mainly because it stressed in me the importance of family during troublesome times. 

2. The Notebook - Nicholas Sparks : Say what you will about his repetitive, almost formulaic stories, this book (and the movie) was the very first movie my boyfriend and I watched together and I cried like a little baby. 

3. A Walk To Remember - Nicholas Sparks : I know, I know, but the story really spoke to me. I always thought of my relationship with my boyfriend this way. I'm the quiet girl who rarely goes out, mainly due to a strict upbringing and Gunter being the outgoing and popular guy and somehow we fit together like a puzzle and help each other grow. 

4. Beautiful Disaster - Jaime McGuire : As much as I hated how Abby goes back and forth with her thoughts and never able to really make up her mind in the end. this book made me swoon like a little girl. Perhaps it was Travis' struggle to straighten up his life when he met Abby that got me, and how they seemed to just gravitate towards each other. 

5. The Last Song - Nicholas Sparks : I promise that this is the last Nicholas Sparks book on this list but this one I can safely say is one of my favourites. It's realistically poignant and romantic without being too angsty, and again showed the importance of support during ones' time of need. 

6. Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte : I understand not many people see Jane's sensuality in the story, but I found her to be a really endearing and strong female character in a society that values principles. I guess the story swept me off my feet because of how "plain" the main characters are, nothing overtly glossed and high-strung. 

7. Cruel Beauty - Rosamund Hodge : It's becoming predictable that I rave about this book but I really do love the romance in it. It was a rollercoaster of emotions, but something I enjoyed thoroughly. It's beautifully written and carefully crafted despite it being pulled from different mythologies. 

8. Summer trilogy - Jenny Han : I can't say I completely enjoyed the Summer series but the love story between Conrad and Belly definitely made me swoon despite their tumultuous journey. Belly rubbed me off the wrong way so many times, but I'm glad she dealt with things the way she did. She wasn't perfect, her relationship with the brothers weren't perfect and that's the beauty of it. 

9. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight - Jennifer E. Smith : At first i thought, "Wow 24 hours seems a little too fast to fall in love with someone" but even that would seem like a long time if you put aside all the pretenses and actually open up to someone.

10. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer - Michelle Hodkin : The chemistry between Mara and Noah is electrifying. I don't think Mara was a "weak" heroine, in fact she is stronger than she seems. Despite her violent psychotic trips, she manages to pull herself up and pulls through. 

2 comments:

  1. I would have to agree about Beautiful Disaster. Just the fact that Travis loves Abby THAT MUCH is enough to make you weak in the knees, right?

    TTT @ Krista's Dust Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Jane Eyre!! I am so happy to see this on someone's list:) I had so many emotions during that book that I didn't even think to single out swoon! Great list!

    Here's my swoony reads, if you'd like to take a look:)

    ReplyDelete