February 18: TopI don't think I can do 10 of this today, sorry! Things just overlap and stuff!
Ten/FIVE Reasons I Love Being A Blogger/Reader
- Self-expression - Just the act of reading alone, for me, puts a lot of meaning on who we are as a person. It shows certain traits in us that we couldn't have just pointed out. Getting to blog about it, no matter the range of audience, is the icing on the cake!
- Escape - When reality gets tough, it's nice to know a book can transport me into some world, dip my feet in someone else's shoes and experience something I wouldn't have been able to in real life.
- Learning - New words, new ideas, new (second-hand?) experiences! Reading opens up a lot of possibilities.
- Interaction - Having a blog or any other outlet to post your thoughts about a book, opens up new relationships with people who you wouldn't have otherwise met. I'm not really good at the socializing department so being able to interact with other reviewers and authors through emails or Goodreads no matter how minuscule the interaction is is quite a deal for me already.
- Receiving books for free (sometimes) - Someday, when I've grown my blog into a better version of itself I'd receive books to read for free. This may seem like a pretty shallow way to think, but it's certainly one of the perks, and being able to blog about them and help create this hype and life around something you're very passionate and excited about is just a really good feeling.