Wednesday 26 February 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Baby Names! (Feb. 25)

Top Ten Tuesday is a book blog meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Please click here to read more about it and join in :)

February 25: Top Ten Tuesday REWIND! (Pick from previous topics that you want to do again or may have missed)

Characters (and Literary Figures) That I'd Name My Children After
This seems like a fun topic so i picked it :) It may be possible that my future baby will have an "old person" name but I just can't help it.  I didn't base these names on their characters, I just really like the sound of them, if anything.

Girl Names

  1. Alice - Because I absolutely adore Alice in Wonderland
  2. Aurora - Sophisticated and comes from my favourite fairytales.
  3. Daisy - I'm a sucker for names based on flowers and Daisy Buchanan was a pretty charming lady. 
  4. Luna - Luna Lovegood from HP has always been a favourite character of mine!
  5. Daenerys - Not to bandwagon with the rising number of baby "Khaleesi's". It's also such a beautiful and unique name. 
Boy Names
  1. Beckett - From Samuel Beckett. It's unique and sophisticated. 
  2. Erik - I've always had a "name crush" with this name for so long and it's a very common character name. 
  3. Charles - From Charles Dickens (or any other Charles, really) It's a headstrong name for me. 
  4. William - Elegant and classic name. So many literary greats are named William!
  5. Marcellus - Probably the oldest sounding name on my list, but I love the uniqueness and the reference to a modern name in it "Marcel". 

5 comments:

  1. I love the name Aurora is really is such a pretty name. I've never actually heard of the name Daenerys before and, while it looks a little odd, it sounds nice when you pronounce it. I've also never heard the name Marcellus before, but can already tell you I really like it. My top ten list - on unfinished series - can be found here: http://pagesofstarlight.blogspot.com/2014/02/top-ten-series-i-have-yet-to-finish.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daenerys is from George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire books, who also happens to be a very kick-ass character! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
    2. Daenerys is from George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series, who also happens to be a really kick-ass character! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Great pick. I love Aurora, that's definitely the Disney girl in me. I also really Daenerys... I would totally call my kid that. Nice list :) My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, me too! Aurora is a very beautiful name. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete